Please contact our PTA with questions, requests, or to volunteer to
help in committees or activities. Your children need you! We have a
mailbox in the main office. Drop' us a note! We look forward to hearing
Why should you join the Academy Street PTA? Here are a few reasons:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not
easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other
parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities
to meet other parents and teachers.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering
with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put
your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all
children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions.
- Witness Improvement. By getting
involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping
make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising
to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social
events—all vital to a school’s success.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher
Association is to benefit your child. A PTA meeting is a forum where
parents, teachers and administrators discuss ways to promote quality
education. We'll see you at our next meeting!
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to
benefit your child. A PTA meeting is a forum where parents, teachers
and administrators discuss ways to promote quality education. We'll see
you at our next meeting!